Sunday 5 October 2014

Whew! Holidays are here

It has been one really long term.  With the amount of walking up stairs to lecture having doubled, the same effect was had on my pain levels till eventually my body gave up and decided to call in the cavalry- depression. 

Thank goodness for my support system. My Super-mom somehow manages to be there when the wheels fall off, even my dad is there propping me up, and then with a dose of therapy a dash something new to my cocktail I'm slowly pulling myself up by my bootstraps. 

My small boy does his best to soothe my soul with hugs and kisses and stories to be read, and my eldest makes an increasingly good cup of tea. But we're all relieved the holidays have arrived with a short reprieve in the daily rush. 

I dream of a slower time. Of unhurried cups of tea, and time to feel the gentle breeze. Of late, a howling gale, and crazy weather that matches my moods. Feet up and a good book... Well, that may be pushing it. I do have a ton of marking. But at least, I'll be able to have my feet up while I try to decipher the crazed ramblings of students' stressed writings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment